SmokeLong Quarterly
top menu
miter
SmokeLong News  Subscribe in a reader
Literary News presented by SmokeLong authors and staff

Friday, November 30, 2007
2008 Writer Profile Project
The Writer Profile Project wants new voices! If you'd like to participate in the project, please send the following information to kelly@kellyspitzer.com:

--a 10-20 page writing sample. Any genre is acceptable. Multiple works are fine, but if possible, send complete works. They do not need to be published, but if the work has been published online, you can opt to send me 2-3 links instead. Bottom line: it's all about the writing.

--a brief statement about what you're currently working on in your writerly time

If you are a publisher, editor, literary blogger, and so on, let me know about your work in these areas, too.

--a short writer's bio is optional

Disclosure:

Not all slots will be filled by applicants. I do solicit writers to take part.

The Important Stuff:

Please allow me 1 month to review the material you send. If you do not hear back from me after that time period has elapsed, please query! Email does get lost, and I will respond to everybody.

Samples and statements will be read in the order received. There are 15 slots available. Once they are filled, I will cease reading.

If you are chosen, you will need to be available for approximately two weeks prior to the date your profile is schedule to go live. That means you will need to check in, via email, at least once a day. If you cannot commit to this, this isn't for you. If you are uncertain about scheduling a profile many months, and up to a year, in advance, this isn't for you either.

If you are chosen, and need to change the date which we agreed upon at the time, please let me know a minimum of three weeks in advance so I can ask someone to switch with you. After this time, you forfeit your slot. If I need to change the date of your profile because it no longer works with my schedule, rest assured, I will work to get your profile up as soon as possible.

Hint:

I'm looking for diversity. That said, it's still all about the writing.

What is the Writer Profile Project?

It's an interview series I run on my website. Head there to check it out. You can browse every interview conducted by going to Literary Land/The Writer Profile Project.

Labels: ,

posted by Kelly Spitzer at 12:35 PM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Writers, Editors, Publishers, Agents, etc.: If you have Flash-related news (readings, publications, etc.), please email us at news@smokelong.com. We'll try to get your news posted as quickly as possible.
miter
bottom menu